The Mastic plant that is cultivated and thrives only in Chios can reach a height of three meters. Mastic is the aromatic natural resin.
Kampos is located in the south of the city, you can wander in the fragrant and green streets between old stone mansions and orchards with mandarins, oranges and lemons.
Nea Moni is an old historic monastery located in central Chios 12 km from the city of Chios. It was founded in 1042 AD and is known worldwide for its exquisite art mosaics.
Built almost on the beach, the monastery of St. Markella, patron saint of Chios, 50 km NW of the city of Chios. At the end of the beach there is the path that leads to the place where Agia Markella was martyred.
The church of Palio Taxiarchis is located in Mesta 35 km from the city of Chios. It was built in 1412 and is known for its wooden iconostasis, which consists of walnut logs and is entirely handmade.
Mersinidi Monastery is located 4 km north of the settlement of Vrontados. It is dedicated to Panagia Myrtidiotissa. It was founded in 1897 and was built on the spot where the icon of Panagia was found.
The Mastic Museum is located in the Mastic Villages South of the city of Chios near Pyrgi. Harmonized with the environment and the tradition of the place, the Museum introduces visitors to the history of Mastic.
The Chios Archaeological Museum is located in the city of Chios near the port. It was built between 1966 and 1971 and is a representative example of the architecture of the 60s that combines the local element of Thymianous stone.
The Chios Public Central Historical Library «Korais» is one of the oldest and largest in Greece. It was founded in 1792 as a branch of the Great School of Chios.
The Chios Maritime Museum is housed in a traditional mansion in the city center and fills a significant gap in Chios's maritime history.
The cave of Agio Galas is located in the village of Agio Galas at the northwestern tip of the island and is 65 km from the city of Chios. The cave extends below the village and is a complex of at least three caves.
Olympoi Cave is located in the southern part of the island 35 km from the city of Chios and 5 km from the village of Olympoi. The cave of Olympoi is extremely rich in dripping decoration that despite its small dimensions make it one of the most remarkable and beautiful caves in Greece.